Skip to main content

Review: Paradox

Paradox Paradox by J.J. Asher
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Trigger/Content Warnings:
- violence
- assault
- attempted murder
- others provided by the author

This was truly one of the unhealthiest relationships I've ever had the pleasure of reading about. I can't even begin to describe how unhealthy this trauma-bond relationship was, but yes, those are three stars, you see, because I was entertained. It gets way too repetitive at the end, but it's still entertaining.

My personal entertainment aside, I would be remiss not to mention that this is also an abusive relationship. Very. BULLYING is a complete disservice. Once felonious assault, indentured servitude, and attempted murder enter the picture, "bullying" is so far in the rearview mirror that it's in another time zone. Eden abused Jin. Full stop. Both of them being masochists and falling in love through their trauma bond does not erase the abuse done to Jin.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Fair Play

Fair Play by Josh Lanyon My rating: 5 of 5 stars *happy, contented sigh* View all my reviews

Review: Dirty Money

Dirty Money by Liliana Hart My rating: 5 of 5 stars This really wasn't long enough. The story stops at 88% for some reason, but fine. I'll accept that because it was awesome! The stakes were extremely high this time around after the cliffhanger in the last book. I'm happy that Jack and Jaye are evolving as a married couple while dealing with old ghosts. This book wrapped up a 4-book story arc, and while it feels like a good place to end, I hope that it doesn't. View all my reviews

Review: A New Year's Surprise

A New Year's Surprise by Violette Dubrinsky My rating: 3 of 5 stars Interracial Romance A to Z Challenge: N Hated the writing, but loved the content. A cute story about trust and fidelity in a marriage after childbirth. View all my reviews